citius, altius, fortius!

ako si corbin!

isang nilalang mula sa isang all-girls school. at ngayo'y pumapasok na sa unibersidad ng pilipinas bilang isang CHK freshie. mahilig magbasa ng mga libro lalong-lalo na ang mga sinulat nina michael connelly, james patterson, lualhati bautista at nicholas sparks. nangungulila sa paglalaro ng softball. mahal na mahal ang pag-aaral ng arnis. mahilig tumunganga, mag-isip, magmuni-muni. at mahilig sa mga outdoor activities at mga hayop lalo na ang aking bebe.

taggity tag!



desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
:)
[max ehrmann]


Saturday, September 11, 2004

Now that I had changed the url of my blog, i pity those who has no idea that i changed it. anyway, the reason why i changed it? Well first and the only reason i have is that im bored with the way it looks, and the fact that my addiction to wolves roused again...and i should give my thanks to Moony who after all opened my heart again to these magnificent canines.

And my only only problem now is how to change the damn template of this blog? HOW?! Ive been searching for tutorials that might help me in doing so but i dont think these tutorials are helping me at all.

It makes me feel as if I'm so helpless...and talentless. It makes me feel that I have nothing to be proud of showing. What is there to show anyway? Who bothers with someone who only knows how to play softball and who is capable of solving mathematical problems? These are the only 2 things that I am proud of and it looks like it will turn into one. With all the things happening during clubtime, with me actually, its as if my love for softball is slowly diminishing. And I dont know why. Its not that often that you see someone who has considered softball as her life suddenly being not in the mood to play. I dont know why Im not doing my best.

I just hope my performance in softball will turn out positively. Hope I will be my normal self, the self i left behind nearly a year ago. The one who is determined in making a strike...

...I cant believe that this entry turned out to be something i really didnt expect. So much for softball. I think the one who made up the "varsity" teams is now regretting the decision she made in including me, especially after last week. Because I am. Im so pathetic. People must now think that I am so absurd, myself included. I am not leveled to theirs. Why must they make my softball life miserable? Why cant they just choose someone better than me. Someone who is more capable of being a pitcher. And why must I play so stupidly?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home