citius, altius, fortius!

ako si corbin!

isang nilalang mula sa isang all-girls school. at ngayo'y pumapasok na sa unibersidad ng pilipinas bilang isang CHK freshie. mahilig magbasa ng mga libro lalong-lalo na ang mga sinulat nina michael connelly, james patterson, lualhati bautista at nicholas sparks. nangungulila sa paglalaro ng softball. mahal na mahal ang pag-aaral ng arnis. mahilig tumunganga, mag-isip, magmuni-muni. at mahilig sa mga outdoor activities at mga hayop lalo na ang aking bebe.

taggity tag!



desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
:)
[max ehrmann]


Friday, November 26, 2004

Its been a tiring week. Even though we were given less homework than usual…BUT! They have given us so many projects! Damn them. My body is aching all over! It’s because of that workout in PE.

*****

I don’t know what to do anymore. There are times that all I want to do is run away from everything here in this damn world. Ill run until my feet gives up on me. Until I'll run out of breath…until…everything is unfamiliar around me. I’m so tired of everything around me...of every problem that I am encountering now. And I don’t know why I’m actually writing stuffs like this…I don’t have any problems…Problems that other people may see as shallow. Problems that people think are easy to handle. My problems are deep within me. And as of now, it’s quite unexplainable. I don’t know what my problems are. I just feel like having them. Those kind of problems that leave you so alone and so helpless… Or being alone is my problem?

Being alone...not socially… Friends, don’t get me wrong. I’m not referring to being alone as you may all think. I really enjoy your company…The warmth of your smiles, the warmth of your concerns…The joy in your eyes…The laughter that we have shared together…Yet even with these things that's keeping me happy…that’s keeping me sane. It’s not enough to satisfy me. It’s not enough to satisfy everything concerning me. There's this certain thing that leaves me so empty inside…feeling so incomplete. I know there's this certain something troubling me…but I can’t pinpoint what it really is. Maybe it’s really loneliness that’s troubling me right now. Loneliness of the heart and soul…

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not suicidal. Even though I may seem like one…but nah. It’s just a part of me of being semi-suicidal. Even though at times I want to end it all…Damn, I’m getting weird. I know you can’t clearly understand what I’m saying. Wait, Ill rephrase it into something less vague. There are times that I may seem suicidal, thinking about ending it all. But I know what is right from wrong. I won’t do anything irrational or something. It’s not worth trying anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home