citius, altius, fortius!

ako si corbin!

isang nilalang mula sa isang all-girls school. at ngayo'y pumapasok na sa unibersidad ng pilipinas bilang isang CHK freshie. mahilig magbasa ng mga libro lalong-lalo na ang mga sinulat nina michael connelly, james patterson, lualhati bautista at nicholas sparks. nangungulila sa paglalaro ng softball. mahal na mahal ang pag-aaral ng arnis. mahilig tumunganga, mag-isip, magmuni-muni. at mahilig sa mga outdoor activities at mga hayop lalo na ang aking bebe.

taggity tag!



desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
:)
[max ehrmann]


Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I can't believe I was still able to find time for blogging... Well, I guess I deserve a break... After being through all those homeworks...
Frog dissection wasn't that gross after all. I didn't mind dissecting without the use of surgical gloves...feels uncomfortable wearing them, really. I was supposed to bring another frog today just in case our frog is not that useable...whatever. When I was observing the frog last night inside my room... I suddenly noticed that his lower right feet is a bit...melted... I have no idea how that happened to it. His feet bone is kinda exposed... And of course... common sense told me that it would be really gross to dissect it while its foot is melted. So I left it at home... Frogs are actually cute... I dunno...at some angle of some sort, I think. So we have our materials.. equipment.. whatever.. ready for the frog! Krisel was at first grossed out at handling the frog.. hehe.. It's stomach was bloated.. liked poking it though. *grins* No one from our group wanted to 'crucify' the frog.. So I had to do it. It was hard to sedate the frog.. Kinda determined in being conscious... So pins placed in the proper places... It was time to open up the frog!! Its skin was like that of a old person.. Lola ba kumbaga.. Bwehehe.. It was so hard to incise.. Syado na kasing matanda yung palaka eh.. So when it was.. properly opened up.. It kept on struggling.. Felt a bit guilty 'bout that.. hehe.. I had to pin the legs down so that it would stop kicking. You could actually feel its muscles contract.. Then the lungs started to blow up... It looked like a strawberry! So after identifying the parts.. It was time to puncture its lungs and slice its heart into 2... It still kept on struggling.. Poor frog.. We cleaned its organs.. then at one point.. It suddenly jumped... Thought it was still alive and struggling. But SirM told us that its just the reflex *shrugs*
Actually enjoyed that... But I do not intend on being a doctor of some sort... Pagdating sa tao...ibang usapan na yan.
Our teacher even informed us that we MIGHT dissect lab mice.. I dont know if I would have the guts to dissect that.. Its fluffy and small and...uh fluffy... and human-like.. Its warm-blooded for goodness sake...
*****
Still dont know what will happen to our aerobics tomorrow...
Lord, help us please.
Amen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuck. kadiri. nawawalan ako ng ganang maghapunan tuloy. (di pa ko kumain eh... lol)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Cha said...

bwah ha ha ha!! i had to dissect a frog once in my second yr of high school... pero patay na ang frog wen they gave it to us. so di siya gumagalaw pag kinicrucify ko siya. haha... pero sobrang nadiri ang lab partner ko at muntik siya nasuka cuz i was tearing the frog to pieces. i tore its head into 3 different pieces kasi. medyo sadistic ako, e. also... i remember yung isang kaclase ko... she was playing with the frog... at nag-pop out yung eye ng frog at pumasok yun sa bibig niya.... sobrang kadiri yun....

2:28 AM  
Blogger kcorbin said...

You are so freaky ate cha!! Buti kayo...patay... pero nangamoy siguro yung mga palaka noh? since patay na sila nung dinissect nyo... Lahat ng dinissect naman buhay... kawawa nga e...

Mas kawawa naman kaklase mo.. kadiri talaga! Pero we had to preserve the frog for our project kaya hindi ako gaanong naging sadista!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home