citius, altius, fortius!

ako si corbin!

isang nilalang mula sa isang all-girls school. at ngayo'y pumapasok na sa unibersidad ng pilipinas bilang isang CHK freshie. mahilig magbasa ng mga libro lalong-lalo na ang mga sinulat nina michael connelly, james patterson, lualhati bautista at nicholas sparks. nangungulila sa paglalaro ng softball. mahal na mahal ang pag-aaral ng arnis. mahilig tumunganga, mag-isip, magmuni-muni. at mahilig sa mga outdoor activities at mga hayop lalo na ang aking bebe.

taggity tag!



desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
:)
[max ehrmann]


Monday, January 31, 2005

The turn of events is really getting worse and worse. It seemed fate has something terrible against me. It never turned out the way I wanted it -- the way I needed it. I never needed an additional burden to my nearly full sack of problems. It's too much. But now, it's too late to turn back. I should have done something before to avoid these circumstances that are now facing me. I should have been more aware of the consequences of my actions. Not that I'm the one mainly responsible for it. It's just that part of these burdens are my own irrational decision. I shouldn't have pushed through with it. Why have I been so stupid thinking that I'll be able to live through it? Yes, I'll be able to live... barely, in fact. But think about the sensations I'll feel during those ordeals! Yes, ordeals.

I have been crossing my fingers and praying that we won't be among the chosen ones. But, yes indeed, fate is playing tricks with my life. Oh how I hated those uncomfortable minutes, those minutes have changed my life. Now, 2 ordeals I have to face in more or less a fortnight. Can I possibly handle the pressure? These pressures which are suffocating my whole mind.. my whole intellect? The first is bad enough and adding a second much worse won't be any help at all. But it was said that the second should be given the top most priority?! How? Damn it! How?! Tell me the damn reason how!

First the Quizbee. Then the Science Congress. Why us? Of all the groups that are liable to have been chosen.. Why us? damn it! It would be great if the experiment went perfectly well. But no. Fate has really something against me. She wants me to handle it the hard way! No large paths. No smooth and clean paths. She gave us something in exact opposite instead! Thorns, sharp, raggged stones that have been scattered along that path, I can't possibly take it! But I have to. Nothing is left of a choice. I have to stick with it, nothing more. But I extremely hate it. Who wouldnt? Would you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home