citius, altius, fortius!

ako si corbin!

isang nilalang mula sa isang all-girls school. at ngayo'y pumapasok na sa unibersidad ng pilipinas bilang isang CHK freshie. mahilig magbasa ng mga libro lalong-lalo na ang mga sinulat nina michael connelly, james patterson, lualhati bautista at nicholas sparks. nangungulila sa paglalaro ng softball. mahal na mahal ang pag-aaral ng arnis. mahilig tumunganga, mag-isip, magmuni-muni. at mahilig sa mga outdoor activities at mga hayop lalo na ang aking bebe.

taggity tag!



desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
:)
[max ehrmann]


Saturday, September 24, 2005

2 weeks since I last updated. I simply can't find the time to do so.

Anyway, I decided to back out from illam. I just realized after 3 sessions that I can't handle the pressure. It was too much for me. My body and my mind can't handle all the exhaustion. Every night after training was mind breaking for me. I can't study. I can't do any advance studying. My body just wanted to head off to bed and sleep the night away. And plus the fact that Ive nearly been paralyzed. er...I actually don't know if that's possible. I've just heard it before that a strong hit on the spinal cord will cause paralysis of certain body parts. And I was hit last thursday on my back by an extremely strong throw. It wasnt accurate though. It was supposed to have been thrown to the base man...but unfortunately it hit me. And I just couldn't risk it. Even though it seems that Im so paranoid. But I have to admit that I am.

I have to sacrifice something. And illam it is even though I love playing softball so much. It actually wounded me, knowing that they had a practice game a while ago. I wanted to. But I can't.

A realization struck me with the little time Ive been to the trainings. Im not good enough. It made me think twice about getting a course and pursuing softball as a career. Even though Ive been told that Im good...it was so hard to believe them. Seeing my teammates play so professionally did not push me to do my best. It actually pulled me down. It just shows how pessimistic I can get regarding things like these. It's a bad way to think, I know.

Now, it seems that next year will be the last year I would be able to play softball. The sport that Ive grown to love. The sport that Ive been playing since 11.

That's what I am. A coward.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, kamkam. *hugs* magaling ka, promise. bakit ka papasa kung hindi, diba? *winknudge* pero kung 'yan ang gusto mo, i'm backing you pa rin. :]

[uyyy, tats sya! haha!]

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home