Just found out that the try-outs for the UP softball varsity team have already been finished. Darn. Di ako umabot! :( I guess, shock was the first feeling I felt when the coach said "thanks anyway" and got off the phone. I just couldn't believe that softball would be out from my "system" for one academic year. And I'm still not sure if I could retain and keep my skills that I have now. After a few moments, I felt sad. Really sad at the fact that my "career" in softball could end this summer. And to think that I've been playing softball nonstop ever since I entered AA and that was 7 years ago. The only break I got was when I joined yfc during first year. And now, could it really end? I don't want it to end. I have loved playing this sport for years already. And I can't fathom how it feels to just stop playing. Darn. In the past, I've been so so so afraid that this might happen in college...and it did. And if ever I'll think of trying out during my sophomore year, I'm not sure anymore if I can do it... :(
But then again, if there's one thing that I'm thankful for (yeah, may nakita rin ako na good side) is the fact that I'll be having more free time when compared to if I became part of the team. I guess I'll have more time for other extra-curricular activities. Maybe God thinks that I'll just tire myself to death if I have so many activities lined up for the whole year. Haha, balak ko kasing sumali ng mga org na medyo kailangan ng mga training, i think. :p Eh balak ko rin mag ROTC... :P eh may arnis pa ako! LOL
Darn, I'm torn. I really don't know if I should join Softbelles this summer. In fact, the summer camp has already started last week! Nasasayangan lang ako sa pera at sa training kung di ko rin maaapply yung nakuha kong skills sa pagpasok ko sa college. Pero sobrang miss ko na ang paglalaro. :(
But anyway, on the brighter side, I've started my training in Lapunti Arnis just this afternoon, along with choupi and ruby. Waha, benta. One of our instructors had a hard time remembering names especially choupi's! Tinawag nga siyang rochi eh! Ako naman, tinawag niyang kim. Hehe. :) Nakakatuwa ang arnis. Just watching them do the hits makes me want to really learn arnis. And they mentioned that when the grandmaster starts sparring/competing with somebody, nakakawindang daw ang bilis ng mga galaw niya! As in hindi na makikita ang armas na gamit niya sa soooobrang bilis. I still have this hangover from training. Dumampot kagad ako ng bagay na mukhang stick...at suklay siya. haha! I think I'll learn to love arnis. :)
<3
And I guess...I'll join softbelles this summer even though I know I can't be part of the varsity team. ;)
It's their loss. LOL.
...but mine as well.
But then again, if there's one thing that I'm thankful for (yeah, may nakita rin ako na good side) is the fact that I'll be having more free time when compared to if I became part of the team. I guess I'll have more time for other extra-curricular activities. Maybe God thinks that I'll just tire myself to death if I have so many activities lined up for the whole year. Haha, balak ko kasing sumali ng mga org na medyo kailangan ng mga training, i think. :p Eh balak ko rin mag ROTC... :P eh may arnis pa ako! LOL
Darn, I'm torn. I really don't know if I should join Softbelles this summer. In fact, the summer camp has already started last week! Nasasayangan lang ako sa pera at sa training kung di ko rin maaapply yung nakuha kong skills sa pagpasok ko sa college. Pero sobrang miss ko na ang paglalaro. :(
But anyway, on the brighter side, I've started my training in Lapunti Arnis just this afternoon, along with choupi and ruby. Waha, benta. One of our instructors had a hard time remembering names especially choupi's! Tinawag nga siyang rochi eh! Ako naman, tinawag niyang kim. Hehe. :) Nakakatuwa ang arnis. Just watching them do the hits makes me want to really learn arnis. And they mentioned that when the grandmaster starts sparring/competing with somebody, nakakawindang daw ang bilis ng mga galaw niya! As in hindi na makikita ang armas na gamit niya sa soooobrang bilis. I still have this hangover from training. Dumampot kagad ako ng bagay na mukhang stick...at suklay siya. haha! I think I'll learn to love arnis. :)
<3
And I guess...I'll join softbelles this summer even though I know I can't be part of the varsity team. ;)
It's their loss. LOL.
...but mine as well.
citius, altius, fortius!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home