citius, altius, fortius!

ako si corbin!

isang nilalang mula sa isang all-girls school. at ngayo'y pumapasok na sa unibersidad ng pilipinas bilang isang CHK freshie. mahilig magbasa ng mga libro lalong-lalo na ang mga sinulat nina michael connelly, james patterson, lualhati bautista at nicholas sparks. nangungulila sa paglalaro ng softball. mahal na mahal ang pag-aaral ng arnis. mahilig tumunganga, mag-isip, magmuni-muni. at mahilig sa mga outdoor activities at mga hayop lalo na ang aking bebe.

taggity tag!



desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
:)
[max ehrmann]


Friday, June 01, 2007

I've been thinking a lot lately these days. It's more of a reflection, actually. I don't know if the weather's simply affecting the thoughts circling around up there inside my head. Or if almost doing nothing pushes me to just think. And sometimes, even though I'd rather not face certain thoughts that disturb me, I have no choice. Even though it's hard, wala nang magawa eh, naisip na ang lahat ng maganda, edi ang hindi masyadong maganda naman diba?

I just realized how few relationships I have made in the past years, even in my 18 whole years of existence. Or if I already made connections, they're just slipping away one by one. Days without any communication would stretch longer and longer, until it reaches the point of oblivion. Both parties would forget the other and only memories would really remain. Only the memories that are left in the heart draws an invisible string that connects us to one another.

Unfortunately, I have this unconscious tendency of pushing people away, not literally of course. I rarely feel comfortable when socializing within a group of people. I don't like the feeling of being in the spotlight that's why I keep my thoughts to myself, as much as possible. But despite this bad habit of mine of being too self-conscious and insecure, I try too hard at relationships. I have this desperate yearning to feel loved and be loved by people whom I've become attached with. I have this fear of losing them, of breaking this connection that have drawn us together. Because of this, I hardly ever reveal myself to them. Even though inside I've been dying continuously to be listened to, to make them see beneath all these layers of masks, I keep my mouth shout. The more I reveal, the more vulnerable I become. Or so it seemed to me.

It is only with one way that a person should act that would truly make him happy. And it is by being true to oneself. But with this fear that I carry, the fear of losing them... I don't allow myself to experience real freedom. By exposing my true self to others, I become a part of them and they become a part of me. And the risk of losing myself heightens. Because by losing them, it seems I will be losing myself. By losing them, a part of them that I have within me will be torn away.

Being lonely and being alone are two different concepts for me. Being alone in a group can be scary to some. But others would not want to experience being lonely even with a group of friends. However, nothing else can break one's heart than being alone and lonely at the same time.

***

Pagpasensiyahan na. Kung nalalabuan kayo sakin, mas nalalabuan ako sa sarili ko. *kamot ulo*

2 Comments:

Blogger miharu said...

Only the memories that are left in the heart draws an invisible string that connects us to one another.

Unfortunately, I have this unconscious tendency of pushing people away,


True. I agree with the second paragraph as well.

I feel the same way bec. sometimes reaching out doesn't guarantee salvation. We drown and find ourselves in solitude, not realizing that others have been drowning alongside us; waiting for the same hand that should have grabbed right back (at outstretched hands).

Friend, basically I'm saying look around you ;p

11:08 AM  
Blogger miharu said...

oops that's "I agree with the second to the last paragraph as well" pardon me nyahaha

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home